2. The term ‘Wiki Places For Kids Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
a. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
c. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
d. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
e. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
f. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
g. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
h. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
i. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
4. Access to and use of this site (WikiPlacesForKids.com) is provided by Wiki Places For Kids Ltd subject to the following terms:
a. By using WikiPlacesForKids.com you agree to be lawfully bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of WikiPlacesForKids.com. If you do not agree to be lawfully bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the site.
b. Wiki Places For Kids Ltd may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms on a regular basis to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Wiki Places For Kids Ltd. Your continued use of WikiPlacesForKids.com after changes are posted means you agree to be lawfully bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Wiki Places For Kids Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
6. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
7. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Wiki Places For Kids Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
8. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Wiki Places For Kids Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Usage Policy of WikiPlacesForKids.com
9. This website and its content is copyright of [Wiki Places For Kids] - © [Wiki Places For Kids] . All rights reserved.
10. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
13. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Contributions to WikiPlacesForKids.com
15. 10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to WikiPlacesForKids.com, you warrant that your contribution
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Wiki Places For Kids Ltd for all the purposes specified above
- is not defamatory
- does not infringe any law
- indemnify Wiki Places For Kids Ltd against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Wiki Places For Kids Ltd as a result of your breach of the above warranty
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on WikiPlacesForKids.com and the purposes specified above.
WikiPlacesForKids.com Submission Rules
21. You agree to use WikiPlacesForKids.com in accordance with the following submission Rules. These apply across all WikiPlacesForKids.com sites and services.
22. About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Postings should be factual and as far as possible accurate
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant WikiPlacesForKids.com Community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses). If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community area.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
23. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone numbers, home address or email addresses), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law:
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in WikiPlacesForKids.com Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in WikiPlacesForKids.com Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Wiki Places For Kids Ltd.
28. If you're under 16:
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before taking part in any WikiPlacesForKids.com discussion.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
31. If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when taking part in an WikiPlacesForKids.com Community service, you may be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail may also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
32. This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of WikiPlacesForKids.com Community areas.
33. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to WikiPlacesForKids.com Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on WikiPlacesForKids.com, and Wiki Places For Kids Ltd considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Wiki Places For Kids Ltd may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
34. Wiki Places For Kids Ltd reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
36. 12. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on WikiPlacesForKids.com then the latter shall prevail.
37. 13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
38. 14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
41. Wiki Places For Kids Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
42. Wiki Places For Kids Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2016.
What we collect
43. We may collect the following information:
- Childrens names and ages
- Time of post
- Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
44. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
49. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
50. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
51. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
52. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
53. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
54. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
55. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
56. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com
57. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Users 16 and under
58. If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Wiki Places For Kids Ltd's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.